Sunday, 28 September 2008

Spindlefrog goes to London.


Boy do I have some exciting news. About a week ago I got a message in my Ravelry mail from Alice of Socktopus asking would I be interested in them selling some of my rovings/tops. Would I ever! Ive been bouncing around ever since even when Ive been dyeing (which is messy enough without that). I'm really thrilled to be asked especially as Ive always loved Socktopus and the range of really cool stuff it sells. The fibre is heading down with Socktopus for this years Knitting and Stitching show in Ally Pally and it will be sitting there right next to some really big fibre names like Pigeonroof Studios, Spunk, Brooklyn Handspun and others and there will be Spindlefrog Fibres too!!!! I wont be going as I'm away at the time but Goldfishgirl from Ravelry is and has kindly said she will take some photos for me. I cant wait to see them and I will post them on the blog if I can.
So Ive been in dyeing overload the last few days. Ive got half of the order ready, a quarter to braid and label and a bit still to dye. I want to post it by Tuesday so that's my goal. The fibres that haven't made it into the box for the trip to London will be getting listed in the shop (www.spindlefrog.etsy.com) over the next few days and up above that is the first batch of rejects (he he he). How mean is that? They are perfect rovings in their own right but just haven't been selected. Failures if you like so perhaps you might want to give them a loving home where they can live in peace and love and you could bring out the best in them by spinning them up into a fantastic yarn. Help them forget their past.

4 comments:

goldfishgirl said...

Eek, the responsibility! I feel like an official press photographer :) Good luck the with packing and labelling, hope you're hugging each roving before it leaves!

Brightsider said...

You're welcome to blog any of the photos of your fibre from my Flickr stream :)

Probably Jane said...

I've just come back from visiting Alice at Ally Pally with three lots of your roving in my bag - I have to say it was the best fibre on the stand by miles! Congratulations.

BabyLongLegs said...

I have to agree with Jane....your fibre was by far the best Alice had.....half the price, and half the carbon footprint hehehe

So pleased for ya......

Hugs
S xXx