Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Allotment. All spun up pretty.


Wow would you take a moment to look at that! Isn't it just the loveliest spinning ever, so fine and so even. Im in awe.
Unfortuantely its not mine but the lovely Helen (Brightsider on Ravelry and flickr) who has very kindly said I could post the photo. It will grow up to become socks and the pattern is already picked out so I cant wait to see them, I bet they will be georgous.
The fibre is Spindlefrog BFL in the colourway Allotment and now I really wish I could have it back (spun up of course because I couldnt do such a fantastic job). Thank you so much Helen for letting me post the photo.
I have completed the dyeing for Socktopus but it hasn't been posted yet. When I said Tuesday well, that was a pipe dream. It was never going to happen. It was a nice idea and a worthy goal but just not humanly possible. You see when I placed the order for the fibre I bought the normal regular stuff and forgot to buy the instant drying version. Doh! Tomorrow though, thats the day. Just you wait and see. I will try and get a sneaky photo of it all before I pack it up and send it on its way for its big London adventure.
Today I have been carding up some batts. I have made one for my "offical press photogrpher" Karen (Goldfishgirl) for a little swap we are doing and I have to say its come out very nice indeed. Ive also got a few to list on Etsy tomorrow as well.
Tomorrow Im going to be dyeing for a fibre set to put up in the shop. Ive got 5 differint fibres (not the usual BFL, merino etc but some more unusual or undervalued ones) and when they are dyed I will sell them as a spinners set. I know we all like to stretch out horizons and try new things so I thought this would be cool. The fibres are texel, cheviot, devon, grey suffolk and grey jacobs. I think they will be a fun little set and intresting to spin.

No comments: